To convert a file from .igs to Parasolid,we require tools named CATIA & Creo.Both in CATIA and Creo the modelling of a part takes place.but If you are importing a model into the ANSYS for Analysis then we need to convert the model from .igs to parasolid by using these two modelling softwares.In this article,I am going to publish a step by step procedure about How to convert a file from “igs to Parasolid” using CATIA & Creo.
- When a solid model was constructed in CATIA,it has been sent to ANSYS to do the Analysis.
- After Modelling through CATIA,it has to be saved in .igs format to a particular location in Pc.
- Now enter into the Creo.Import the geometry so as to convert the file from .igs to Parasolid.
- Only the files with parasolid format enters into the Ansys database to do the further Analysis.
- By doing this procedure only we can convert a model from .igs to parasolid format which later imported into Ansys for further Analysis.
You can also know about:
The Conversion of file from “.igs to Parasolid” using CATIA & Creo was discussed briefly in the video shown below.
This is the complete explanation of converting a file from .igs to Parasolid using CATIA and Creo in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.