Hole Feature is used to create a hole on the surface of a structure whereas Tapered Hole feature is used to create a hole not in Flat shape but in tapered shape i.e an angle from the depth edges of the hole is given to get a tapered shape for that hole.In this article I am going to explain about the detailed explanation of How to use Tapered Hole Feature in CATIA V5 and is as follows.
A step by step procedure is to be adopted to know about the usage of Tapered Hole Feature in CATIA V5 and is shown below.
To use Tapered Hole Feature on any surface,
- Firstly choose a plane and Let it be XY Plane.
- Now make a sketch and extrude it with the PAD feature. Thus a solid component will be obtained.
- Choose the surface on which you need to make a hole and click on Hole Feature.
- A dialogue box opens and it consists of Extension,Type and Threaded type.
- For Tapered hole, choose the TYPE as Tapered and suitable angle is provided.
- Go to the EXTENSION Type and choose any of the options.
- Provide diameter,depth and select OK.
- Then a tapered hole is obtained on the solid surface.
The detailed explanation of Extension, Type and Thread Definition are presented in the previous articles which are shown below.
The detailed explanation of “Tapered Hole type” feature with ‘Blind’ as the extension type is shown below in the form of a video.