Best 3D Industrial Animation Softwares for Mechanical Engineers: There are many Industrial Animation software in the field of Mechanical Engineering but I will be listing out some of the Best 3D Industrial Animation Softwares for Mechanical Engineers which will be helpful to you while analyzing the components. The concepts which are expressed are 1.3D Industrial Animation Softwares 2.Best CAD Softwares Now, let’s go in-detailed…
- Blender is a professional free and open-source 3D computer graphics software used for creating animated films, art,3D printed models, interactive 3D applications, visual effects, and video games.
- The Blender’s features include
- 3D modeling
- UV unwrapping
- particle simulation
- soft body simulation
- raster graphics editing
- fluid and smoke simulation
- match moving
- camera tracking
- rigging and skinning
- video editing and compositing.
Alongside the modeling features, it also has an integrated game engine. Supported platforms:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Mac OS X
- Maya, also known as Autodesk Maya.
- It is an animation and modeling program used to create 3D (three-dimensional) full-motion effects.
- Maya incorporates the natural laws of physics to control the behavior of virtual objects in computer animation.
- It can produce videos that are more life-like than has been possible with less sophisticated programs.
Supported platforms : Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Mac OS X Linux 3.3DS MAX:
- It’s packed with brand-new, user-requested features and enhancements for entertainment and design professionals.
- The 3ds Max® features include
- 3D modeling
- Animation and rendering software which can Customize, collaborate and create 3D content quickly with 3ds Max® 3D modeling, animation and rendering software.
- Open Subdiv support
- A360 rendering support
- AutoCAD and Revit interoperability
- Mesh and surface modeling
- Polygon, spline, and NURBS-based modeling
- Integrated rendering options
Cost: FREE trial available
- Monthly: $185
- 1-year: $1,470
- 2-year: $2,940
- CATIA is CAD/CAE/CAM software from Dassault Systèms for Sketching,3D modeling, Assembly, texturing, animation and rendering.
- CATIA delivers the unique ability not only to model any product, but to do so in the context of its real-life behavior: design in the age of experience. Systems architects, engineers, designers and all contributors can define, imagine and shape the connected world.
- CATIA is also effective in Analyzing any component under the application of external forces in any discipline like thermal Analysis,Structural Analysis etc.
- CATIA Software is highly used in Aerospace Applications like modeling and analyzing the components of Aircraft where accuracy was given a high priority.
- It is an easy to use,powerful 3D CAD design capabilities software for intuitive product development solutions.
- Quickly create,validate,communicate and manage the product development process.
- Get your products to market faster, reduce manufacturing costs and improve product quality and reliability for product applications across a wide range of industries by the use of Solidworks Software.
- KeyShot is one of the Industrial Animation software for Mechanical Engineers where everything that you need to create fast,accurate and amazing visuals.
- Featuring a real-time 3D rendering workflow.
- You can see the results instantly and reduce the time.
- It takes the time to create the perfect shot.
7.Brush ZBrush is the industrial design software tool that features ArrayMesh, NanoMesh, and Modeler with Mesh, which are useful throughout the creative process. Key Features:
- Bring more complexity and detail to your designs with a low polygon count
- NanoMesh and ArrayMesh allow for multiple instances of any object to be created and then adjusted in just seconds
- Single User License: $795 digital download
- Volume License: $795 each, with five seat minimum on all volume license orders
- Floating License: Contact for a quote
8. Wings 3D
- Wings 3D, is one of the Industrial Animation software for Mechanical Engineers, an advanced subdivision modeler, is an industrial design software tool that is powerful and yet easy to use.
- Wings 3D has been under development since 2001 and offers a variety of modeling tools.
- Wings 3D is an open source and free tool for use in personal as well as in commercial projects.
- Customizable interface
- Support for lights and materials
- Built-in AutoUV mapping facility
Cost: FREE 9.Grasshopper Grasshopper is an industrial design software tool for designers who need to explore new shapes using generative algorithms. Grasshopper is tightly integrated with Rhino’s 3D modeling tools but requires no knowledge of programming or scripting. Providing algorithmic modeling for Rhino Key Features:
- Graphical algorithm editor
- Perfect for quick industrial design ideation
Cost: FREE 10. Arduino
- Arduino is a useful industrial design software for designers who want to develop interactive projects and play with their ideas.
- This open-source electronics prototyping platform is based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software and has “been the brain of thousands of projects, from everyday objects to complex scientific instruments.”
- Arduino now is used in IoT applications, 3D printing, wearables, and embedded environments.
- Easy to use for beginners but flexible enough for advanced users
- Runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Build interactive prototypes
Cost: FREE 11.SpaceClaim
- It is one of the Industrial Animation software for Mechanical Engineers which is fast and innovative 3D modeling software solution.
- SpaceClaim is a simple and flexible design tool and is Better suited for those new to industrial design.
- Space Claim seeks to help users “imagine, design, make, and realize your ideas, faster with SpaceClaim
- Full part and assembly modeling
- Open/edit files from neutral and native CAD systems
- Detailed drawings including full 2D/3D GD&T
- Photorealistic rendering capabilities with Keyshot
Cost: FREE trial available; Contact for a quote This is the complete Explanation about 11 Best 3D Industrial Animation Softwares for Mechanical Engineers. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section.
2.Best CAD Software for a Mechanical Engineering Student: Mechanical Softwares[Best CAD Software] plays a vital role in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Mechanical Engineering students are striving hard to get a job in the real world because of various reasons. The reasons might be…
- The student does not have any knowledge in his/her core subjects and sometimes the students are not at all aware of what the subjects are…?and this has to be reduced to get the job.
- The students should know what would be his career after B-Tech. Unless and until he knows…, he should not think that he was in the real world.
- The students must and should learn the basic software’s in the field of Mechanical Engineering like AUTOCAD.
- He should also aware of the other modeling and Analysis software’s so that he can model an object and analyze it under the application of external forces.
Therefore, In this article, I will be exploring about all the best CAD Software for a Mechanical Engineering Student to serve in the real world.
Best CAD Software for a Mechanical Engineering Student:
In Mechanical Engineering, Best CAD Software has to be learned. The Disciplines of any Best CAD Software consists of Sketching, the second is Modeling and the third is Analysis. The Mechanical Softwares which are dedicated for all the 3 modules are as follows.
Best CAD Software dedicated for Sketching are:
- AUTOCAD stands for Computer Aided Design or Computer Aided Drafting which was developed and marketed by AUTODESK in 1982.
- AUTOCAD is widely used across a wide range of companies or Industries by Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, Graphic designers etc.to make their product much more efficient.
- AUTOCAD has various versions starting from AUTOCAD Version 1.0 to AUTOCAD 2018. It was mainly used in industries because of its 2D sketching or Drawing.
Salary of fresher’s in AutoCAD:
The starting salary of engineers who are joined initially in small scale industries was 8000/-per month whereas in large scale industries it is around a 20000/-per month.
2.NX or Unigraphics:
Sketching was also done in Unigraphics but the accuracy was not efficient when compared to AutoCAD because the AutoCAD is dedicated only for sketching.
The basic pay of Unigraphics engineers was explained in the Modeling software’s module.
Best CAD Software dedicated for “Modeling” is:
1.Pro-E or Creo:
- Creo is advanced of Pro-E which is used for sketching and Modeling a 3D object and was developed by PTC in 1987.
- Creo is also advanced of AutoCAD in which there is no need to specify the dimensions by using a separate feature as of AutoCAD.
- Creo is mainly using in small scale industries who are using AutoCAD as their main tool.
- The Pay of a Design Engineer using Creo should be more than the AutoCAD Engineers i.e.>15000/-Per month in Small scale Industries and >23000/-Per month as of Large Scale Industries.
- CATIA is a high-end software which was mostly used in Aerospace Applications where there is a need for high Accuracy.
- CATIA stands for Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application designed and Developed by DASSAULT Systems in 1977.
- CATIA has various versions in its chest starting from CATIA v1 to CATIA v6 and among them, the most used version is CATIA v5.
- It was highly used in the domains of Computer Aided Design(CAD), Computer Aided Manufacturing(CAM), Computer Aided Engineering(CAE), Product Layout Management(PLM), etc.
- The starting pay for the fresher is the 30000/-per month in the company of HYUNDAI for CATIA Design Engineer.
- NX is formerly known as NX Unigraphics which is an advanced high-end CAD/CAM/CAE software.
- NX was developed by Siemens.
- It was initially released in 1973 and Stable released in 2016.
- NX is a direct competitor to Solidworks, CATIA, Creo, etc.
- NX is using mostly in the top companies like Infosys etc. and the company pays for those who had experience of a minimum of 3 years.
- NX has various versions starting from Unigraphics Version R1 to NX 11.
Mechanical Softwares dedicated for “Analysis and Meshing” are:
- For Analysis, ANSYS is widely used. This software is mostly used to analyze a body under the application of loads.
- The main aim is to determine the stresses developed in the body during the application of loads and we need to see that the stresses developed in the material should be less than the Vonmises stress of the material.
- If it is less, then only the material is said to be safe else the material is of failure.
- After Analysis, we need to determine the Directional stresses in X, Y & Z directions, Principal stresses in X, Y & Z directions, Shear stresses, etc.
- Depending upon the results, the graphs are plotted.
- For Meshing, Hypermesh is widely used. The body is said to have meshed under Coarse mesh, Medium Mesh, and Fine mesh. So, depending upon the accuracy, the type of mesh is being used.
You can also check the videos related to “ANSYS 15.0” below:
Best CAD Software-ANSYS APDL:
- How to complete ANSYS 15.0 Installation in Just 4 Steps?
- How to Import a file from CATIA V5 to ANSYS APDL?
- How to convert Angular Velocity units from Degrees to Radians in ANSYS software?
- How to Analyze the plate with a central hole in ANSYS APDL?
- How to convert a Wireframe model into Solid model in ANSYS?
Best CAD Software-ANSYS WORKBENCH:
- The structure or overview of ANSYS Workbench in detailed
- How to analyze a model in ANSYS Workbench?
- How to import a model from CATIA to ANSYS via Creo?
- How to import a model from CATIA(.Cat Part) to ANSYS 15.0?
- How to complete ANSYS 15.0 Installation in Just 4 Steps?
- How to use Extrude feature in ANSYS Workbench?
These are the mostly used Best CAD Softwares in everyday life. Hope this article is helpful to you. If you want to add some more features or software’s, then you are most welcome.