3 Types of Marking out Tools used in Fitting – Engineering Workshop:Marking out Tools are used to mark the given measurement on the surface of the work piece.The 3 Types of Marking out Tools used in Fitting in Engineering workshop are as follows.
The Measuring Tools used in Engineering workshop are as follows.
7.Out side caliper
8.Odd leg caliper
3 Types of Marking out Tools used in Fitting:
The Detailed Explanation of Marking out Tools used in Fitting are shown below.
- A scriber is a steel tool, used to scribe or mark lines on metal work pieces.
- It can be used in conjunction with a try square.
- It is used to specify the path of cutting.
- Firstly,the path is to be marked with a scriber and then with the help of dot punch,the path is hitted by hammer.
- For this purpose, the punch is ground to a conical point having 60 degrees included angle.
- This is similar to the dot punch, except that it is ground to a conical point having 118 degrees included angle.
- It is used to mark the location of the holes to be drilled.
- Lathe Parts-22 Parts of Lathe A Mechanical Engineer Must Know
- 5 Types of Work holding Devices used in Fitting Trade