8 limitations you must know for the occurrence of Non-Traditional machining methods:Non-Traditional Machining method is an advanced method used to overcome the problems of Traditional Machining methods.The limitations You Must know for the Occurrence of Non-Traditional Machining Methods are as follows.These limitations must and should know by a Mechanical Engineering Aspirant to understand the Non-Traditional Machining Methods in an easier manner.
8 limitations for the occurrence of Non-Traditional Machining Methods:
1. The tool must be at least 30 to 50% harder than the workpiece material but workpiece itself is very hard, there is no cutting tool available harder than the one piece material.
Ex: die Steel,Tool Steel,tungsten etc.
2. Poor machinability material can’t be machined by a conventional method.
3. The machinery of highly brittle material like glass, ceramic etc. is not possible.
4. Machining of very soft material like Rubber is not possible by a conventional method.
5. It is not possible to produce very small holes less than 1 mm in conventional by the drilling operation.
6. Small size noncircular holes are not possible by broaching operation.
7. Producing Complex, Concave curvature components like turbine blades is not possible by conventional methods.
8. Making the zigzag hole in the component is not possible with conventional methods.
Methods of Non-Traditional Machining:
- Ultrasonic machining
- Electric discharge machining
- Electrochemical machining
- Water jet machining
- Abrasive waterjet machining
- Electron beam machining
- Laser beam machining
- Electrochemical grinding.
Points to be noted during machining operation:
- Mechanism of chip formation
- Tool material
- Wear ratio
This is the complete explanation about 8 Limitations and Methods You Must know for the Occurrence of Non-Traditional Machining Methods in a detailed manner.
Other Concepts of GATE-NTM:
- 11 Points to know from Ultrasonic Machining Method-1 Mark from GATE(Production)
- 31 Mechanical properties of metals that every Mechanical engineer must know-Interview
- 20 G-Codes and M-Codes(14) of CNC Part Programming-Especially for GATE Exam
Article is helpful….?Please do share…..