Bench Vice used in Engineering Workshop:Bench Vice is a holding tool which is used to hold the specimen or the work piece in between the two jaws.One is the fixed jaw and the other is the movable jaw threaded in and out by a lever and screw.
- The Parts of Bench Vice are
– Fixed Jaw
– Movable Jaw
Explanation-Parts of Bench Vice:
The Jaws are used to hold the workpiece by rotating the handle.In that,one jaw is fixed and the other is movable.
All the parts like handle,jaws etc.are connected to the body of bench vice.
- If the handle is rotated in CW direction,then the work piece is fixed between two jaws.
- If the handle is rotated in CCW direction,then the work piece is loosened from the jaws.
Other Types of Vice:
Other kinds of vice include:
- Hand vises
- Diemakers’ vice
- Angle vises
- Jewellers’ vice
- Compound slide vises are more complex machine vises.
- Cross vises, which can be adjusted using lead screws in the X and Y axes
- Off-center vises
- Rigging vice
- Shaker broom vice
- Sine vises
- Rotary vises
- Trailer hitch vice
- Saw vices – used for sharpening hand saws
- Pin vises (for holding thin, long cylindrical objects by one end, or used as a drill)
- Fly tying vice
- Lathe Parts-22 Parts of Lathe A Mechanical Engineer Must Know
- 5 Types of Work holding Devices used in Fitting Trade
- 3 Types of Marking Out Tools used in Fitting – Engineering Workshop