Compare Mass and Weight:The comparison between Mass and Weight of any component can be explained in this article.
Compare Mass and Weight:
Mass of the body:
- Mass of the body does not vary from place to place and it is not affected by the gravitational force.
- It is represented by “m”.
- Unit of mass “m”=Grams
Weight of the body:
- Weight of a body varies from place to place and depends on the acceleration due to gravity existing at that place.
- It is represented by “W”.
- The formula for weight of the body is
- If “g” is positive then the sign of “W” cannot changes whereas
- If “g” is negative then the sign of “W” changes.
So, this is the main difference between mass and weight of anybody.
Unit of weight “W”=mg=Kg*(m/s2)
Therefore,Unit if weight =Newton
- Boiler:Def, Selection, Classification, Essentials,Boiler Mountings & Accessories
- Sine bar – Principle, Formula, Construction, Limitations&Factors
- 3 Types of Marking Out Tools used in Fitting – Engineering Workshop