- What is a machine?
- What is Life cycle cost ownership?
- Why machine health gets affected?
- What is Bath Tub Curve and what is its importance?
- Failure data results
- Aging of moving components
- Healthy machine requirement
- What happens when oil films break?
- What is a sick machine?
- What are the symptoms of a sick machine?
- It is a major component of predictive maintenance.
- The use of condition monitoring allows maintenance to be scheduled or other actions to be taken to prevent failure and avoid its consequences.
- Condition monitoring has a unique benefit in that conditions that would shorten normal lifespan can be addressed before they develop into a major failure.
- Condition monitoring techniques are normally used on rotating equipment and other machinery (pumps, internal combustion engines, presses).
- While periodic inspection uses non-destructive testing techniques and fit for service (FFS) evaluation which is used for stationary plant equipment such as steam boilers, piping and heat exchangers.
Active Control Structure of Condition Monitoring:
- It can detect machinery problems if the system is
- Shaft cracks
- Oil whirl
- Gear and bearing problems
- Pass information to DCS plant information systems via OPC
- Use existing plant LAN Ethernet infrastructure
- Confirmation of mechanical conditions to reach plant for planned shutdown or remedy
- Fix what is ‘broke’ before failure.
Uses, Issues, and Types of maintenance in Condition Monitoring:
- The use of Condition Monitoring allows maintenance to be scheduled or other actions to be taken to avoid the consequences of failure before the failure occurs.
- Machines with defects are more at risk of failure than defect free machines. Once a defect has been identified then it is very easy to solve the problem.
- It can only measure the deterioration of the condition.
Types of Maintenance:
- Periodic Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Proactive Maintenance
- Reactive Maintenance
Issues of Monitoring:
- Criticality of inspected part/machine/process
- The sensitivity of faults-parameter to monitor
- Offline Inspections/Online Inspections
- Optimum inspection Interval.
You can also read about:
All the other aspects are presented below in the form of video and is as follows.
This is the complete explanation of the Uses, Issues, and Types of maintenance in Condition Monitoring. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.