Top 11 Mechanical Properties of Metals:Properties of metals plays a vital role in the field of Mechanical Engineering.When you want to apply any type of load on a particular member,you need to know its material properties,density etc.For that,in this article,I am exploring the necessary properties of metals in a detailed manner.
Top 11 Properties of Metals:
The Properties of Metals which are essential for a mechanical engineer are as follows.
- Bond:It possess a metallic bond.
- Strength:The strength of metal is very high when compared to plastics and ceramics.
- Binding Energy:The distance between the atoms is less and thereby the Binding energy is high.
- Ductility:It possess good ductility also.
- Conductivity:The metals possess good electrical conductivity because of the presence of free electrons.
- Thermal Conductivity: The metals possess good thermal conductivity.
- Density:The metals possess high density which means that the weight of the metal is more and this is one of the dis-advantage of metals.
- Corrosiveness:The metals are highly corrosive to the environment.
- Servicing Temperature:The servicing temperature of the metal is 800̊ C-1000̊ C.
- Hazardous:It is not hazardous and is environmental fiendly.
- Recyclability:The metals are partially recyclable in nature.
These are the top 11 properties of metals which are discussed in a detailed manner.Hope this article is helpful to you.If you like this article,share it with the rest of the world.