Do’s and don’ts during group discussion: Group discussion is one of the turning point in the interview process which is conducted after the written test in the company. Many companies conduct group discussion to filter the candidates according to their requirement. This is because, if the company wants to recruit for 10 posts, the applicants are in thousands and that’s the reason the company needs to filter the applicants by written test and by group discussion. The Recruiters mainly focus on your skills like confidence, communication skills and your ability to manage with a group. If you want to participate in the group discussion for getting a job, you need to follow certain rules and regulations and that was discussed in this article in the name of Do’s and don’ts during group discussion.
Do’s and don’ts during group discussion:
As you have to participate in a Group Discussion. Several questions spring across your mind. You want to know what actions and gestures can get you positive points and what can cost you the selection. Here’s a list of Do’s and Don’ts of participating in the GD.
Do’s in group discussion:
- Enter into the hall with a full of Presence.Don’t carry any negative situations that you had encountered previously else it will impact your current situation.
- Be confident.
- Introduce yourself with warm smile and make your introduction short.
- Have eye contact with all group members when you start the conversation.
- Learn to listen.
- You must listen what your group members state about the topic given. You may get some important points/negative points from them so that you can highlight them.
- When you are asked question by your fellow group person, be polite and answer him.
- Be a good team player. Move with all group members and help them when needed.
- Try to take initiation in a group discussion.
- When a group member speaks against you with the intention of harming you or making you to get anger, be cool. Understand that there is no reason for you to get into temper when you are in a group discussion.Else,they can think that you cannot hold/work in high pressures.
- Concise your discussed points during the discussion and by expressing them shortly,you can end the group discussion.
- At the end of session, say thanks all your fellow group members.
Don’ts in group discussion:
13.Don’t wear colorful dresses. Be simple with light colored Shirts.
14.Don’t use strong perfumes. The strong perfume may irritate others.
15.Don’t lean over the chair constantly and be expressive to the current situation.
16.Don’t use heavy make-ups and attractive jewelry in a group discussion.
17.Don’t make gestures while other person is speaking his ideas.
18.Don’t react in a harsh way or don’t take anything seriously which may end up with false situations.
19.Don’t be serious all the time during group discussion.
20.When you are frequently interrupted by a person, ask him not to disturb you. Don’t speak in anger.
21.Don’t argue. Remember group discussion is a place of expressing ideas. Everyone is free to express. Many of the companies’ shares their ideas with the help of group discussion only.
22.Don’t be harsh when you are interrupted. Tell the person politely that he can speak after you have finished.
23.Don’t interrupt other person while he is addressing his ideas.
24.Don’t try to push your ideas to others.
Remember in a group discussion,you will watched by interviewer. As he remains silent and takes note of you and each member in a group discussion. So compose yourself and before entering in a group discussion hall, know about what you need to do and what not to do.And I think that I had put some of the situations before you.try to concentrate them when you are going for your next interview.
- Top 7 reasons for a Mechanical Engineering student to become the Victim of Unemployment
- Top 12 Mechanical Engineering websites for the students to visit regularly
- Best or Leading GATE Coaching Institute in INDIA-Awarded
- All other Jobs in Public and Private sector