Electrode Specification E-7018X: Electrode plays a vital role in the welding process. Without electrodes also, many welding processes are present which are used in high-end applications. In this article, I am going to publish about the specification of Electrode E-7018X in a detailed manner. The specification of Electrode E-7018X is as follows.
Electrode Specification E-7018X:
Electrode specification is must in any welding process and the specification of Electrode E-7018X is as follows.
- The electrode E-7018X stands for
- 70-How strong the electrode is when welded
- 1-in what welding positions it can be used
- 8-indicates coating,current types,penetration
- X-indicates that there are more requirements.
Features of Electrode E-7018X:
- They(E-7018X) are low hydrogen flux coated steel rods with a high yield tensile strength of 70000PSI.
- They are often used in assembling structural steel used in the construction industry.
- These electrodes are called low hydrogen electrodes due to the every attempt to lower the hydrogen content,these electrodes must be stored in an oven with a temperature between (250-300) Degree Fahrenheit.
You can also know about:
- What are the different types of press working operations?
- What is Spring Back in Design?
- What is the Clearance between Die and Hole in design?
The PPT shown below describes the Specification of Electrode E-7018X.
This is the complete explanation of Electrode Specification and Features which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.