Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the IISC Bangalore and the seven IIT’s on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Government of India.GATE 2018 was conducting this year by IIT Guwahati.In this article,I am going to explain about all the aspects of GATE 2018 which are required for a Mechanical Engineering student to write the GATE exam.
About GATE 2018:
- IIT Guwahati is the organizing Institute for GATE 2018.
- GATE 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects(Papers)
- GATE 2018 Examination for all the 23 subjects will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- GATE 2018 examinations will be held during the Forenoon and Afternoon sessions on 3rd, 4th,10th and 11th of February 2018.
Important Dates related to GATE 2018:
- GATE Online Application Processing Website Opens on 01st September 2017.
- Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application(through Website) is on Thursday 05th October 2017
- Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City is on (An additional fee will be applicable) 17th November 2017
- Admit Card will be available on 05th January 2018.
- Calculators,Mobile phones and Wristwatches are strictly prohibited.
GATE 2018 Examination Time Sessions:
The GATE 2018 Exam time table was shown below.
|Forenoon||9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon|
|Afternoon||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|03rd February 2018||Saturday|
|04th February 2018||Sunday|
|10th February 2018||Saturday|
|11th February 2018||Sunday|
Eligibility for GATE 2018:
|Qualifying Degree / Examination||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)|
|Description of Eligible Candidates||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|Year of Qualification not later than||2018|
List of GATE 2018 Papers and Corresponding Codes:
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
Application Process of GATE 2018:
- Application for GATE 2018 must be submitted ONLINE only.
- The Photograph,Signature,Qualifying degree Certificate,Category certificate(SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable must be uploaded.
- Candidates must enter the no. of Pancard,Aadhar card,Driving Licence etc.
GATE 2018 Application Fee:
- Application fee is w.r.t. the Country i.e.If you are in India,then the Application fee for all the candidates except mentioned is Rs.1500/-,Female/SC/ST/PWD candidates is Rs.750/- .
- If you want the Exam center out of India i.e. Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu(US$ 50), Dubai and Singapore(US$ 100).
Procedure for applying GATE 2018 Online :
The procedure for applying online was displayed Here.
Fee Payment Options of GATE 2018:
- After filling the application form completely you will be redirected to the Payment option.
- The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you have to confirm it.
- The fee can be paid either with net-banking or with debit/credit card.
- Once you confirm and the payment is successful, you will be redirected back to the GOAPS website, from where you will be able to download the pdf copy of application form by clicking on “Download Application Form” button.
Admit Card of GATE 2018:
- The Admit Card for GATE 2018 will be available ONLY on GOAPS website.
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination hall for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document .
- No Xerox copy of Photo Identity will be entertained.
GATE 2018 Results:
GATE 2018 results will be announced on the 17th March 2018 and will be available on the GOAPS Website.
Validity of GATE 2018:
- GATE 2018 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
- GATE 2018 Official website is Here.
Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application(through Website) is on Thursday 05th October 2017
You can also see: