Hand Moulding Method used in Casting Process-Ramming and Compressing: Whatever the force required for ramming and compressing of moulding sand if it is obtained from a human hand, then it is called as hand moulding. In this article, I will be explaining about the Hand Moulding Method used in Casting Process in a detailed manner and also post about the Machine moulding methods which are in advanced to the Hand moulding methods.
The properties of Hand Moulding method are as follows:
- It is the cheapest method of mould making operation.
- Complex shapes of the patterns will be easily used in mould making without any damages to the pattern.
- Strength and Hardness of the mould are non-uniform because of the non-uniform force applied by hand.
- The production rate is low.
The other method used for preparing the mould is Machine Moulding method. It generally consists of 4 operations. By using these operations only, the mould can be prepared. The detailed explanation of Machine moulding operations is explained Here.
What Others are Reading about Casting:
- What are the different Types of allowances in the Casting process?
- What are the 5 crucial steps of Metal Casting process?
- What is the step by step procedure for Investment Casting Process?
- Top 4 Machine Moulding operations used in the Casting Process
Hope you understood this article. If you like this article, feel free to share and Subscribe to this channel.