Analyze the plate with central hole in ANSYS APDL:Mechanical APDL is a type of software where we should have to configure with the details of a model(like Poisson’s ratio,density,Young’s Modulus etc.) to construct a Solid or Hollow geometry.In this article,I am going to publish about how to Analyze the plate with central hole in ANSYS APDL.A step by step procedure is to be adopted to analyze the plate with central hole in ANSYS APDL.
Procedure to Analyze the plate with central hole in ANSYS APDL:
There are four steps in APDL and are follows.
4.General Post Processor.
By following these four steps we can analyze a geometry.The detailed explanation of the above four steps is as follows.
Analyze the plate with central hole-Detailed Explanation:
- Element Type-Add-Solid-8node183-Ok. and click on Options and enter the value of K3 as Plane stress v/s thk and say Ok.
- Real Constants-Add-Plane183-ok-Enter the thickness value as Thk=0.01-Ok.
- Material Properties-Material Models-Structural-Linear-Elastic-Isotropic-provide the values of Young’s Modulus and Poisson’s ratio-Ok.
- Modelling-Create-Areas-Rectangle-By two corners-Enter the values of WPx and WPy as Zero and Width and Height as shown in the video which is mentioned below.
- Click on Circle and enter the radius of it.
- Modelling-Operate-Booleans-Subtract-Click on the rectangular section and Circular section one after the other.
- Meshing-Mesh-Areas-Free-click on the region where you need to mesh-Ok.
- Apply the loads where ever required and solve the problem.
Solve-Current LS-Ok.The problem solves here.
4.General Post Processor:
- Plot results-Deformed shape-choose the options -Ok.
- Contour Plot-Element Solution-Stress-Vonmises stress-ok
- The stress developed due to the application of force is obtained from the contour plot.
- If the stress developed in the rectangular section is more than the yield point of the material,then the design of failure type.For that you should have to optimize the rectangular section so that it can not be of failure type.
The detailed explanation of Analyzing the plate with central hole in ANSYS APDL is shown below in the form of video.
You can also know about:
- How to do the cantilever beam using nodes in ANSYS APDL?
- How to import a model from CATIA(.Cat Part) to ANSYS 15.0?
- How to import a model from CATIA to ANSYS via Creo?
This is the complete explanation of Analyzing the plate with central hole in ANSYS APDL in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.