While we look at the shaft of an automobile(image shown below)it looks that it is very difficult to sketch it but when you know the basics of any design software it is very easy to understand any model.The shaft of an automobile is sketched and modeled in a design software called CATIA V5.The detailed procedure of How to model the shaft of an Automobile in CATIA V5 is shown below in the form of text and video.
The procedure adopted to sketch or model the shaft of an Automobile in CATIA V5 is shown below.
Shaft Of an Automobile:
To model the shaft of an automobile,firstly
- Draw a circle of required dimension.
- PAD it to the given dimensions.
- Select the top view of the circular component and sketch a gear like element with suitable dimensions.
- Remove the material with Pocket feature.
- Draw an Axis by choosing one of the view and that axis must pass through the center of the circular block
- Use Circular pattern and give the appropriate values so that 12 holes will be formed at an angle of 30 degrees each.
- Now it looks like a gear if we extrude it to a little.Now,choose the top view and draw the circular component and Pad it to the required dimensions.
- The same procedure is to be repeated to model the complete component which is shown below in the form of a video.
You can also know about:
- How to use Shaft feature with Neutral fiber in CATIA V5?
- How to use Shaft feature with Merge ends in CATIA V5?
- How to use Shaft feature with Thick profile in CATIA V5?
- How to use Shaft feature in CATIA V5?
The detailed explanation about modelling the shaft of an Automobile in CATIA V5 is shown below in the form of video.
This is the complete explanation about modelling the shaft of an Automobile in CATIA V5 which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.