Countersunk Hole Feature in CATIA V5:Hole Feature is used to create a hole on the surface of a structure whereas Countersunk Hole feature is used to create a hole in two regions.one is the top region and the other is bottom region.The top region consists of Depth and the angle whereas the bottom region consists of Depth and Diameter.In this article,I am going to explain about the use of use Countersunk Hole Feature in CATIA V5 in a detailed manner.The step by step procedure is to be needed to adopt the usage of Countersunk Hole Feature in CATIA V5 and is as follows.
Countersunk Hole Feature in CATIA V5- Procedure:
To use Countersunk Hole on any surface,
- Firstly choose a plane and let it be XY Plane.
- Now make a sketch and extrude it with the PAD feature.
- Thus a solid component will be obtained.
- Choose the surface on which you need to make a hole and click on Hole Feature.
- A dialogue box opens and it consists of Extension, Type and Threaded type.
- For Countersunk Hole, choose the TYPE as Countersunk and provide the dimensions such as Angle and Depth for Top region.
- Choose Extension type as Blind(for instance) and provide the dimension i.e Diameter and Depth and if needed provide the bottom region as “Flat or V-Bottom) and say OK.
Thus a Countersunk hole is obtained on the solid surface by the usage of CATIA V5.
To be known apart from Countersunk hole: