Multi Section Solid in CATIA V5:Multi section solid tool is used to create components by using different reference planes.The structures which are gigantic shaped can be done by the usage of multi section solid tool.In this article I am going to explain about the usage of Multi Section Solid in CATIA V5 in a detailed manner.The step by step procedure is to be needed to adopt the Multi Section Solid in CATIA V5 and is as follows.
How to use Multi Section Solid in CATIA V5-Procedure:
- Firstly select a plane and let it be XY Plane.
- Now go to “ Start-Shape-Generative shape design”.
- Click on “Plane” button from tool bar and provide an offset distance w.r.t the chosen plane. Let it be 50mm.
- Now,to make a solid component by using Multi section solid, select the plane(selected primarily) and go to Start-Mechanical Design-Part Design to create a sketch on the plane.
- Let it be circle of required dimension that is drawn on the plane chosen.
- Now go to another plane which you had made and draw another sketch on it.
- As you had made two sketches on the respective planes, it’s the time to combine those sketches to form a solid and that will be done by choosing Multi section Solid from the toolbar.
- The detailed view of how to make a component from the reference planes is shown below in the form of a video.