Just In Time Manufacturing(JIT): Just In Time Manufacturing(JIT) can be defined as a corporate system designed to produce output within the minimum lead time and at the lowest total cost by continuously identifying and eliminating all forms of corporate wastes and variance. In this article, I will be explaining what is Just In Time Manufacturing in a detailed manner.
Just In Time Manufacturing-Explanation
Just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing also known as just-in-time production which is a methodology aimed primarily at reducing flow times within production as well as response times from SUPPLIERS and to customers.
This post consists of the following topics which are discussed briefly here. They are:
- What is JIT?
- Focus of JIT
- SEVEN Basic types of wastes
- Common causes of wastes
- Objectives of JIT
- Just in Time Philosophy
- Differences between Traditional & JIT etc.
The focus of Just In Time Manufacturing:
The focus of JIT is Variance and Waste. The focus of JIT is to improve the system of production by eliminating all forms of wastes.
SEVEN basic types of wastes:
- Transportation waste
- process waste
- Inventory waste
- waste of motion
- Waste from product defects
- waiting time
The remaining aspects were discussed in the below video.
Just In Time Stock Replenishment:
Just in Time Stock Replenishment system is all about having the right goods/products at the right time, at the right place, and in the exact amount without the safety net of excessive inventory. This post focuses mainly on What is Just in time Stock replenishment, How does it work?JIT inventory Tactics, implementation of JIT, Flow Manufacturing, etc.
Working of Just in Time(JIT) Stock Replenishment:
- It requires setting up a contract with a logistics provider(JIT) company to store and deliver equipment as and when needed.
- An order will be made via an EDI(Electronic Data Interchange)system direct to the supplier.
- Orders are captured by a bar code reading handheld terminal.
Tactics of Just In Time Stock Replenishment:
- Use a pull system to move inventory
- Reduce lot size
- Reduce setup time
- Develop JIT delivery systems with supplier
- Deliver directly to the point of use
- Reduce set up time
- Use group technology.
This is the complete explanation of Just In Time Manufacturing(JIT Manufacturing) and Just In Time Stock Replenishment which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.
Examples of DBMS:
1. A company Database might contain information about students, faculty, courses, departments,
customers, vendors, employees sales and inventory.
2. A University Database might contain information about customers, employees, and payments.
- Credit cards transactions
- Human Resources etc.
6 Types of Data models:
You should also know about:
Explanation of 6 Types of Data Models:
The detailed explanation of all data models is shown below in the form of video.
This is the complete explanation of 6 Types of Data models with Examples which are shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.