Material Selection in Mechanical Design with the help of Flowcharts:Material selection plays a vital role in the field of design.In this article,I am going to explain about how to do the Material Selection in Mechanical Design with the help of Flowcharts.Flowcharts include design tools,Market Requirements,Material data needs etc.The detailed explanation about the flowcharts for material selection in Mechanical design are as follows.
Flowchart for Material Selection in Mechanical Design:
- Function Modelling
- Viability studies
- Approximate Analysis
- Geometric Modelling
- Simulations method
- Cost Modelling
- Component Modelling
- Finite Element Modelling
- DFM and DFA.
3.Material Data Needs:
- Data for all materials,low precision and detail.
- Data for a subset of materials with higher precision and detail.
- Data for one material with highest precision and detail.
The connection between these 3 steps are shown in the figure and also in the video which is shown below.
You can also know about:
- What are the different types of press working operations?
- What is the Second Theorem of CASTIGLIANO?
- How to determine the location of shear center in the sections?
The detailed explanation about how to do the Material Selection in Mechanical Design with the help of Flowcharts is shown below in the form of video.
This is the complete explanation about how to do the Material Selection in Mechanical Design with the help of Flowcharts is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.