Difference between Nano Material,Macro Material,Micro Material and Smart Material-PDF:
Micro material:Every component or a material has its own features and depending upon the application or usage those materials are taken into consideration for Industrial applications. Nano Material has its own demand in the field of communications in the form of fibers.
Note: Download Macro Material, Nano Material PDF at the end of the article.
Similarly, smart materials are highly in demand because they can react according to the environment. Therefore, in this article, I will be explaining about the Difference between Nano Material Macro Material, Micro Material and Smart Material along with their applications.
Difference between Nano Material, Macro Material, Micro Material, and Smart Material:
The different types of materials presented below are
In a component, if any one of the dimensions i.e.(length, Dia, thickness etc.) is of the order of less than 100 NM (or) if a grain size in a material is of the order of less than 100 NM is known as Nano Material.
- Energy applications of nanotechnology
- Potential applications of carbon nanotubes
- Industrial applications of nanotechnology
- Green nanotechnology
In a component, if any one of the dimensions i.e.(length, Dia, thickness etc.) is of the order equal to 5 mm (or) If a grain size in a material is of the order of equal to 5 mm is known as macro material.
In a component, if any one of the dimensions i.e.(length, Dia, thickness etc.) is of the order equal to 5 Micrometer (or) If a grain size in a material is of the order of equal to 5 Micrometer is known as micro material.
As size decreases, defect size decreases and that results to the increment of strength.
It means Strength is inversely proportional to Defect size.
- If you material functions based on its surrounding environment is called as Smart Material.
Example: Quartz, Silicon dioxide.
The voltage generated across the Quartz sensor is the function of the surrounding pressure of the sensor.
- Considered a container which is filled with a pressure of 5 bar and it is running by means of electric current.
- Consider that the set voltage of that particular electric circuit is equal to 5 Millivolts.
- If the electric circuit voltage is greater than 5 Millivolts, then it should have to close the valve and if it is less than 5 Millivolts, then it should have to open the Valve.
- If this process is doing by means of pressure sensors then it is considered to be a smart material or else if the same is done by means of a manual operator then it is called as manual functioning but here, in this case, the pressure sensor itself is regulating the voltages and is taking the decisions so by this,we can conclude that it is a Smart Material.
- According to the definition, If a material functions based on its surrounding environment that it is known as smart material that and this example is a case of smart material.
This is the complete explanation of the article Difference between Nano Material Macro Material Micro Material and Smart Material and from this article, you come to know about the differences of all the four materials and this will be most useful in your interviews.
- Top 12 Mechanical Engineering websites for the students to visit regularly
- Mechanical Projects list (2017-2018) of all domains in Mechanical Engineering
- How the welding is categorized based on Fusion, Non-Fusion and Pressure welding? or What are the different types of welding processes?
Note: PDF Download
You can download Macro Material, Nano Material PDF by the below links
Download PDF from Facebook Group:Education & Career, Mechanical Engineering
Download PDF from Telegram Group: Mechanical Engineering-mechanicalstudents.com
Lessons for You: