NIT Warangal PhD Admissions 2018:National Institute of Technology(NIT),warangal invites PhD admissions in various disciplines as mentioned below.Eligible candidates can apply Online on or before May 7th 2018 .NIT Warangal is well known for its dedicated faculty,staff and the state-of-the-art infrastructure to a healthy academic environment. The Institute is constantly striving to achieve higher levels of technical excellence.The Institute says that it is looking for motivated and dynamic persons with a passion for “Research” and zeal to “excel in academic career”, inviting applications for Doctoral Program (Ph.D.) in various departments.
The Introduction, Eligibility Criteria, Research areas for Ph.D. program, Dates, Full Time/Part Time-PhD program was presented below in a detailed manner.
Introduction to NIT Warangal Ph.D. Admissions 2018:
The Institute provides facilities for research leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).The Ph.D. Program is offered in the following departments:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Management
NIT Warangal Ph.D. Admissions 2018: Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for the NIT Warangal PhD Admissions 2018 in the Engineering Departments are furnished below.
Master’s/M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the appropriate branch of study with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under OC / OBC category and minimum 55% aggregate marks (CGPA of ≥ 6.0) for candidates under SC/ST/PWD category. All candidates must have qualified in GATE.
Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under OC/OBC category and at least CGPA of 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST category.
NIT Warangal PhD Admissions 2018:
The PhD admissions are based on Full-Time or Part-Time.The Details of Full-Time or Part-Time PhD are listed below.
Full Time PhD Program:
- Full-time student on institute fellowship.
- Full-time Government/ Semi Government Fellowship awardees / QIP/ FIP (UGC) / CSIR / UGC / DOE / DST /DBT / NBHM etc
- Full-time project fellows/JRF/SRF appointed in R&D projects being carried out in NITW
- Full-time Sponsored student from Industry/R&D organizations
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCR) fellowship awardees (Foreign students)
- Full-time External (CSIR/ JRF/ SRF Fellows) working in National Research Laboratories/ R&D Organization having necessary facilities
Part-Time PhD Program:
- Permanent faculty and other permanent staff of NIT, Warangal
- External scholars from National Research Laboratories, PSUs having MOU with NIT Warangal, R&D Organizations approved by the Senate having necessary and required
NIT Warangal PhD Admissions 2018:Research Areas
The Research Areas for Mechanical Engineering Aspirants are shown below.
Disciplines in Mechanical Engineering Department:
- B.Tech. or B.E. or Equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering /Production Engineering. /Industrial Engineering /Mechatronics /Automobile Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering / Marine Engineering .
- M.Tech. or M.E. in Mechanical Engineering allied areas and specializations of within in the broad research areas are mentioned below.
The Research Areas for Mechanical Engineering Aspirants are as follows.
- Materials Technology
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
- Automobile Engineering
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Metrology/Precision Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Design / Structural Optimization /Finite Element Analysis
- Welding Additive Manufacturing Alternative Sources of Energy/Energy Systems
- I. C. Engines & Alternate Fuels
- CAD/CAM/CIM/Geometric Modeling
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Turbo Machines
- Composites / Nanomaterials
NIT Warangal PhD Admissions 2018:Fee Structure for FULL-TIME / PART-TIME
1.Institute Fee:At the time of admission (One time payment):
a) Admission Fee Rs.1000.00
b) ID Card Rs.100.00
c) Alumni Association Fee 2000.00
d) Security deposit/Lab./Library( Refundable) 4000.00
e) Institute Development Contribution 10000.00
f) Co-operative Stores 750.00
2. Tuition Fee (Per Semester) 7500.00
3. Computer and E-mail (Per Semester) 500.00
4. Other Fee (Per Semester):
(a) Medical Fee 350.00
(b) Students Club 150.00
(c) Games Fee 200.00
(d) Magazine Fee 50.00
(e) Students Library Fund 600.00
(f) Students Aid Fund 50.00
(g) Students Welfare Fund 50.00
(h) Film Club Charges 50.00
(i) Technical Association Fee 50.00
(j) Inter University Tournament 50.00
NIT Warangal PhD Admissions 2018:Important Dates
- Announcement of inviting Applications:
April 9th 2018
- Last date to receive applications:
May 7th 2018
- Announcement of candidates called for Written Test/Interview:
June 4th 2018
- Dates of Written Test/Interview:
June 18th – June 22nd 2018
- Announcement of Selected Candidates:
June 27th 2018
- Dates of Reporting of selected candidates for Ph.D. admission:
july 9th & 10th 2018
Note:Please Use Google Chrome while filling Application Form-Recommended
This is the complete Information about the NIT Warangal PhD Admissions 2018 which was discussed in a detailed manner.If you like this article,then please Share this to all the Mechanical Engineering Aspirants.