Outside Caliper-Measuring Tools used in Engineering Workshop: The Outside caliper is used to measure the external size or Outer size of an object. It consists of two legs which are inverted to each other and are connected by means of a screw and nut mechanism. Apart from that, the usage of outside Caliper was also placed in this article.
Uses of Outside Caliper:
- The same observations and techniques are applied to the outside caliper compared with inside caliper.
- With some understanding of their limitations and usage, these instruments can provide a high degree of accuracy and repeatability.
- They are especially useful when measuring over very large distances i.e.for example to measure a large diameter pipe.
- A vernier caliper does not have the depth capacity to straddle this large diameter while at the same time reach the outermost points of the pipe’s diameter.
- They are made from high carbon steel.
- Lathe Parts-22 Parts of Lathe A Mechanical Engineer Must Know
- 5 Types of Work holding Devices used in Fitting Trade
- 3 Types of Marking Out Tools used in Fitting – Engineering Workshop