Types of press working operations: In cutting operation, the workpiece is stressed beyond ultimate stress whereas in forming operation, the workpiece is stressed below ultimate stress. In this article, I am going to explain what are the different types of press working operations in a detailed manner.
Different types of press working operations:
The different types of Cutting operations are as follows:
- Lancing etc.
The different types of Forming operations are as follows:
- Squeezing and
Explanation of Cutting operations:
- Blanking: It is the operation of cutting flat shape from the sheet metal is called Blanking operation.
- Punching : It is an operation of making holes of different shapes from sheet metal and is called as punching operation.
- Notching: It is an operation by which metal pieces are cut from the edge of a sheet or blank is called a Notching operation.
- Perforating: It is an operation by which multiples holes of smaller size are made in sheet metal called perforating operation.
- Trimming: It is a process of removing unwanted material from the surface of the workpiece called a Trimming operation.
- Shaving: The process of removing a thin strip of metal from the blanked part is called as shaving. It can be done after trimming only so that the strips which are not removed by the trimming process are removed by the shaving process.
- Slitting: It is an operation of making incomplete holes in a work piece called as slitting operation.
Read: Detailed Explanation of Punching, Blanking, Deep Drawing, and Bending Operations
The detailed explanation about the different types of press working operations was presented above. Just click on that to know the detailed information.
You can also know about:
- Metal Forming Process: Rolling, Forging, Extrusion, Principle, Applications
- 5+Types of Dies used in Sheet Metal Operations at respective stages and strokes
This is the complete explanation of the different types of press working operations in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.