Strength of Materials Online Test -Mechanical Engineering Tests:All the concepts of Strength of Materials were asked in this article. You can just take paper and solve the question and however the answers will be placed at the end of the article. While doing the test, you should not see the answers which were at the end, rather focus on all the questions and later you can check your answers.
The questions posted were may be of “underlined or Choose the correct answer type” and they were framed based on 1 mark and 2 marks taking GATE Exam into consideration.
Strength of Materials Online Test:
1. The “Shear Strain” is defined as
- Change in the angle between two planes
- Rate of change of Angle
- Change in the angle between planes at right angles
- Distortion of fibers
2. Stress at a point is a ….
3.The property of a material by which it can be beaten or rolled into plates called as…..
4. Which of the following is considered as a true characteristic yield stress for Mild steel?
- Ultimate stress
- Upper Yield Point
- Lower Yield Point
- Proof Stress
5. A “Strut” is a member which is primarily subjected to …
- Flexural Compression
- Flexural Tension
- Axial Compression
- Axial Tension
6.Factor of safety for a ductile material is the ratio of…
- Ultimate stress to Yield stress
- Ultimate stress to working stress
- Breaking stress to working stress
- Yield stress to Working stress
7.Which among the following is primarily responsible for Toughness of steel?
8.Variation of strain of a material at constant stress is ….
9.A material which undergoes no deformation till its yield point is reached and then it flow at a constant stress is ….
10.The ability of material to absorb a large amount of energy is….
11.For Engineering materials,the Poisson’s ratio lies between
- -1 & +1
- 0 & 1
- -1/2 and 1/2
- 0 and 1/2
12.The Modulus of Elasticity of high tensile steel is
- Equal to that of Mild steel
- Smaller than that of Mild steel
- Larger than that of Mild Steel
- Equal to that of Aluminium
13.The relationship between the three elastic constants is
14.The Ratio of Bulk Modulus to Young’s Modulus is about
- Less than Half
- More than one third
- Less than One Third
- No Relation at all
15.For Structural steel,the relationship between E,C&K was
All the concepts will be discussed as soon as possible.