Thermoset plastic or Thermosetting plastics are synthetic materials that strengthen during being heated but cannot be successfully remolded or reheated after their initial heat-forming called as Thermoset material.
Top 10 properties of a thermoset plastic material:
- By heating the polymer,it turns as hard material.
- It is available in the form of liquid at Room temperature.
- It is a Non-Recyclable process.
- Thermoset in the form of liquid is converted into Thermoset material in the form of solid which is done by the action of heating and its Vice-versa is not possible.
- Gains strength: By the action of heating, the thermoset plastic material gains strength.
- No change in the strength of the thermosetting plastic is done by the action of cooling.
- Shape change: During heating only, the thermoset material changes its shape.
- Temperature: The servicing temperature of a thermoset plastic material is 300°C.
- Structure: It exhibits a Cyclic structure.
- It is hazardous to the environment which is more when compared to the thermoplastic and less than the rubber.
Examples of a thermosetting material:
- Epoxy Resin
- Vinyl Ester Resin
- Cyanate Ester
- Poly Ester
This is the complete explanation with its top 10 properties. Hope this article is helpful to you.
- Top 11 Properties of Ceramics
- 11 Properties of Plastics or Polymers
- Top 11 Mechanical Properties of Metals