Thermoset plastic or Thermosetting plastics are synthetic materials that strengthen during being heated but cannot be successfully remolded or reheated after their initial heat-forming called as Thermoset material.In this article,I will be explaining about the top 10 properties of a Thermoset plastic material in a detailed manner.
Top 10 properties of a thermoset plastic material:
- By heating the polymer,it turns as hard material.
- It is available in the form of liquid at Room temperature.
- It is a Non-Recyclable process.
- Thermoset plastic material in the form of liquid is converted into Thermoset plastic material in the form of solid which is done by the action of heating and its Vice-versa is not possible.
- Gains strength:By the action of heating,the thermoset plastic material gains strength.
- No change in strength of the thermoset plastic by the action of cooling.
- Shape change:During heating only,the thermoset plastic material changes its shape.
- Temperature:The servicing temperature of a thermoset plastic material is 300°C.
- Structure:The thermoset plastic material exhibits Cyclic structure.
- The thermoset plastic material is hazardous to the environment which is more when compared to the thermoplastic and less than the rubber.
Examples of a thermoset plastic material:
- Epoxy Resin
- Vinyl Ester Resin
- Cynate Ester
- Poly Ester
This is the complete explanation of a thermoset plastic material with its top 10 properties.Hope this article is helpful to you.
- Top 11 Properties of Ceramics
- 11 Properties of Plastics or Polymers
- Top 11 Mechanical Properties of Metals