Damped Forced Vibrations:If the external force(i.e mass)is acted upon the system,then the system undergoes vibratory motion and thus called as Forced Vibration on the System.In this article I am going to publish about What is Damped Forced Vibrations in a detailed manner.
Damped Forced Vibrations-Explanation:
- If the damper is induced within the construction along with the external force acting on the system,then the system is called Damped Forced Vibrations.
- If the damper is induced within the construction with no applied force on the system,then the system is called Damped Free Vibrations.
- The forced vibration is represented as Fcoswt or Fsinwt.
- The equation of motion is represented in the video which is shown below.
- As soon as the hormonic force is applied there will be a transient response coupled with the forced response.The transient part is the one which dies out after sometime.
- Hence neglecting the transient response,we have
x = Asinwt +Bcoswt
it can also be written as x=Xsin(wt-(fi))
You can also read:
- What is Damped Free vibrations?
- What is Vibration monitoring and its benefits?
- What is the theory of Non-linear and random vibrations in detailed?
The frequency response plot is described briefly in the PPT shown below.
The PPT shown below illustrates Damped Forced Vibrations Completely.