When there is a requirement of small amount of flexibility or angular moment,Knuckle joint is used.A knuckle joint is a used to connect two rods which are under a tensile load.In this article,I am going to publish about the detailed design procedure of KNUCKLE JOINT.
The design procedure for KNUCKLE JOINT is made to calculate:
- Outside diameter of eye or fork(mm)
- Thickness of each eye
- Enlarged diameter of each rod by empherical relationship
- Diameters of the pin by shear considerations
- Bending considerations.
- Outside diameter of eye or fork(mm) =d0
- Thickness of each eye or fork (mm) =a
- Thickness of eye end of rod = b
- Diameter of Knuckle Pin(mm) =d
- Diameter of Pin head =d1
The detailed explanation for the Design Procedure for Knuckle Joint is shown below.
You can also know about:
- What is the Design Procedure for Cotter Joint?
- What are the different types of press working operations?
- What are the 6 Phases in Design?
The detailed explanation for the Design Procedure for Knuckle Joint is shown below in the form of video.
This is the complete explanation of the Design Procedure for Knuckle Joint which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.