Difference between Diathermic and adiabatic substances:As,the words Diathermic and adiabatic are generally used in thermodynamics for explaining about the behavior of the system with the surroundings.Therefore,In this article, I am going to explain about the difference between Diathermic and adiabatic substances in a detailed manner.
Difference between Diathermic and adiabatic substances:
Diathermic substances are those substances which allow heat to pass through them.
- Any good conductor of heat is an example of diathermic substances.
- Ex:Copper,Silver,Steel etc.
Adiabatic substances are those substances which do not allow heat to pass through them.
Ex:Any Insulator,glass,wool,asbestos,cork etc.
You can also know about:
- Identify the signs of heat and work interaction in the following cases of Heat and Work?
- What is the difference between mechanical,thermal,chemical and thermodynamic equilibrium?
- What is the difference between Open,closed and Isolated Systems and identify the category?
This is the complete explanation of Diathermic and adiabatic substances which is shown in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.