What is the Punch Die Clearance in Design:The die opening must be sufficiently larger than the punch to permit a clean fracture of metal. This difference in dimension between the mating members of die set is called clearance. This clearance is applied in the following manner.In this article, I am going to explain about What is the Punch Die Clearance in Design in a detailed manner.
Explanation about the Punch Die Clearance in Design:
- When the hole has to be held to size i.e.the hole in the sheet metal is to be accurate, the punch is made to the size of hole and die opening size is obtained by adding clearance to punch size.
- In blanking operation,where size of the blank is to be maintained accurately,die opening size is exactly equal to blank size and clearance is to be subtracted from die opening size to get punch size.
You can also know about:
- What are the different types of press working operations?
- What is Spring Back in Design?
- What is the Introduction for different phases in Design?
The detailed explanation about the Punch Die Clearance in Design was shown below in the form of video.
This is the complete explanation about Punch Die Clearance in Design in a detailed manner. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask from the comments section. Please Share and Like this blog with the whole world so that it can reach to many.