Explanation for the theory of vibrations due to unbalance:
- Inherent unbalance in the systems
- Vibrations due to Reciprocating mass of engines
- Critical or whirling speeds of a eccentric rotor mounted on shaft.
The formulas related to above contents are described briefly in the PPT shown below.
Effects of unbalance:
- Unsafe work conditions
- Decreased life of bearings
- Increased maintenance
- Reduced machine life
You can also read about:
- What is the theory of vibration Isolation and transmissibility?
- What is Damped Free Vibrations?
- What is damped forced Vibrations?
The rest of the information with suitable formula’s were discussed in the PPT shown below.