Other details of Vibration Monitoring and its benefits:
Explanation of Vibration Monitoring:
How the typical machine problems are detected in a machine when it is under vibration was shown below.
Detect Typical Machine Problems:
- Rolling element bearing defects
- Gear defects
- Pump cavitation etc.
Advantages of Vibration Monitoring:
- Vibration magnitude is proportional to the magnitude of the problem.
- Vibration can help to find the location of the fault.
- Vibration can help to find the cause of the fault.
- Vibration measurement is non-invasive.
- Most faults show increased vibrations in an early stage of the deterioration sequence.
- Vibration can be measured instantaneously.
- Vibration can indicate severity and deterioration rate of a fault.
- • An advance indication of developing problems
• Keep people out of hazardous areas
• Protect health, safety, and environment
• Monitor inaccessible equipment
- Complement portable monitoring programs.
The remaining explanation of Vibration monitoring is presented in the PPT which is shown below.
You can also read about: