Work Holding Devices in Fitting -Engineering Workshop:The holding devices are used to hold the work piece or specimen to make various operations on it.Around 5 work holding devices are presented in this article in a detailed manner.The various work holding devices are
- Bench Vice
- Pipe Vice
- Hand Vice
- Tool makers vice
The detailed explanation was shown below.
Work Holding Devices in Fitting:
- It is used to hold various components on its surface.
- It is also gives the support to human while performing various operations.
- Bench Vice is a holding tool which is used to hold the specimen or the work piece between the two jaws.
- The Parts of Bench Vice are
– Fixed Jaw
– Movable Jaw
Parts of Bench Vice-Explanation:
The Jaws are used to hold the work piece by rotating the handle.In that,one jaw is fixed and the other is movable.
All the parts like handle,jaws etc.are connected to the body of bench vice.
If the handle is rotated in CW direction,then the work piece is fixed between two jaws.
If the handle is rotated in CCW direction,then the work piece is loosened from the jaws.
- It is similar to Bench Vice but here the Circular/Cylindrical components are to be placed in between the upper and lower jaws due to the curvature of existing jaws.
- The Parts of pipe vice are handle,screw spindle,movable and fixed jaws etc.
- A hand vice is a tool which is designed to hold the work pieces in between the jaws.
- The wing nut is tightened in CW direction to hold the w/p and loosened in CCW direction.
5.Tool maker’s vice:
- Screw driven movable jaw for applying clamping force.
- Made from hardened alloy steel.
- Single piece construction with V-grooved Jaws.
- All surface including Jaws and Base are precise ground square and
This is the complete explanation about Work Holding Devices in Fitting in Engineering Workshop in a detailed manner.If you have any doubts,you can contact us from the comments section.
- Lathe Parts-22 Parts of Lathe A Mechanical Engineer Must Know
- 3 Types of Fits-Clearance Fit,Transition Fit & Interference Fit Every Engineer must know-Interview
- 20 G-Codes and M-Codes(14) of CNC Part Programming-Especially for GATE Exam